Creamy Garlic Lemon Chicken
An easy and delicious meal that can be prepared in under an hour – best cooked in a cast iron, but not required
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Half of a lemon
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Flour – for coating the chicken
- Black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Onion powder
- 1 stick of butter
- Olive oil
1) Preheat a cast iron skillet with olive oil over medium heat.
2) Season some flour with salt and pepper to taste.
3) Coat the chicken evenly in the flour.
4) Pan fry the chicken for about 5 minutes on each side.
5) Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
6) Reduce to medium-low heat and add two tablespoons of butter to the skillet and cook crushed garlic cloves with the mushrooms.
7) Add the chicken stock and squeeze the half lemon into the skillet.
8) Stir up the fond from the bottom of the skillet and let reduce, roughly 10-15 minutes or so. Season with onion powder and salt to taste. If a little spice is desired add some cayenne pepper.
9) Add the cream. Let the mixture become hot and replace the chicken.
10) OPTIONAL: Try adding parmesan or fresh herbs for extra flavor.